Sr. Security Engineer – Baptist IT Center
Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is currently hiring for a Full-time, Sr. Security Engineer with at least 5 years of experience for the Baptist IT Center location here in the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a Full-time Days Shift opportunity.
The Sr. Security Engineer responsibilities include:
- Evaluates, tests, recommends, coordinates, monitors and maintains information systems and cyber security policies, procedures and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware and software.
- Ensures that IS and cyber security plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS and cyber security.
- Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
- Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS and cyber security risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents such as intrusion, frauds, attacks or leaks.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Solves complex technical problems in own discipline.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- May lead small projects with limited scope/risks or workstreams within a broader project.
- May also have accountability for on-going processes, programs or activities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today, or reach out to the primary recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 5 years of related experience Required
License and Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Preferred Or
- Microsoft Officer User Specialist (MOUS) Preferred Or
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Preferred Or
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) Preferred Or
Baptist IT Center
3451 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive health care system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed health care provider. Baptist Health has over 200 points of care throughout the Northeast Florida region, including our six award-winning hospitals: Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Baptist Medical Center Clay, Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South. The most preferred health care system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 57 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.