We are looking for a Surgical Technologist to join our Surgical Services team in the Main OR at Baptist Medical Center Clay. This is a full time evenings Surgical Technologist position that does require call. This Surgical Technologist position prefers 1-2 years of Surgical Services experience.
As a Surgical Technologist, your responsibilities include:
- Assembling, organizing and maintaining a sterile field for operative procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon and progression of the case and prepare accordingly.
- Proper disposition of specimens and instruments.
- Works with entire surgical team to minimize anesthesia time and promote patient safety.
- Performs in first assist role in a variety of surgical procedures.
- Functions as a support to related departments within Surgical Services as needed.
This Surgical Technologist position for the Main Operating Room will be located at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville Clay. Baptist Jacksonville is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date
High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years Surgical Services Experience
- Experience in Neuro
- Experience in Open Heart Procedures
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) NCCT Required Or
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Required Or
1771 Baptist Clay Drive
Fleming Island, FL, 32003
Baptist Clay Medical Campus
Baptist Clay Medical Campus is located on 32 acres at U.S. 17 and Village Square Parkway on Fleming Island. The facility opened in May 2013 to bring the high-quality care of Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Baptist Health to residents of Clay County. The Baptist/Wolfson Children’s Emergency Center, which is open 24 hours a day, has 16 treatment rooms, a separate waiting room for children, child-specific medical equipment and imaging capabilities, a LifeFlight helipad and an on-site ambulance. Pediatric emergency medicine physicians affiliated with Wolfson Children’s Hospital are also available during peak hours daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The campus’s three-story Medical Office Building also houses the Wolfson Children’s Specialty Center on the first floor. The Medical Office Building has primary care and specialist physicians’ offices that are open throughout the year, providing Clay County families with a “one-stop” destination for a wide array of care.