*** Eligible for up to a $7,500 Sign-on Bonus ***
Baptist Health is looking for an experienced Surgical Technologist to support our Crani Team in the Neuro Operating Room at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. This is a Full-time Days position, with the shift times including five 8-hour shifts from 6:45 AM to 3:15 PM. This position requires call and is eligible for competitive call and shift differentials.
A surgical technologist in this role will work as part of the crani team in the Neuro OR. The individual will assist the surgical team during surgeries, ensure a sterile environment, hand instruments to surgeons during procedures, and maintain patient safety. Between surgeries, the individual will clean and restock the operating room. Throughout the day, precision, attention to detail, and teamwork are paramount in providing quality patient care.
As a Surgical Technologist for the Neuro OR, your responsibilities and qualifications will include:
- Assembling, organizing and maintaining a sterile field for operative procedures
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon and progression of the case and prepare accordingly
- Proper disposition of specimens and instruments
- Works with entire surgical team to minimize anesthesia time and promote patient safety
- Weekday, weekend, holiday call is required for this position
- Graduation from an Accredited Surgical Technologist CAAHEP or ABHES Program
- OR - Previous experience working in an Operating Room (OR) setting
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from an accredited program preferred NBSTA or NCCT, but not required
This Surgical Technologist, Neuro OR position will be located at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. If you are interested in the Full-time Days opportunity, please apply today or contact Clinton Carter at email@example.com
High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years Surgical Services Experience
- Experience in Neuro
- Experience in Open Heart Procedures
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) NCCT Required Or
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Required Or
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.