The renowned pediatric cardiovascular surgical team at Wolfson Children’s Hospital Jacksonville is actively recruiting a full-time Family Practice Nurse Practitioner to join the dynamic and distinguished group.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital, a part of Baptist Health, is recognized as one of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S News & World Report and is the only full service tertiary hospital for children in the region. This exciting position will provide the advanced practitioner with the opportunity to deliver evidence based specialty health services including assessment, treatment and education under the direction of distinguished pediatric cardiologists at a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to innovative and compassionate care for children.
- See patients within the division of pediatric cardiology, with emphasis on the increasing population of adults with congenital heart disease. These responsibilities will include both inpatient and outpatient care integrated on a day-to-day basis as patient care demands.
- Direct patient care responsibilities will include consultations, new patient visits, return patient visits, hospital admissions or initial inpatient consults, follow-up inpatient visits, and discharge coordination including teaching. Additional responsibilities may include care to the general pediatric cardiology clinic.
- Interact with patients and their families to coordinate care needs
- Facilitate patients and their families to access community resources
- Assist in patient transition during adolescence from pediatric to adult care paradigms
- Participate in multidisciplinary care conferences
- Participate in the ongoing patient care and coordination with colleagues, such as with electrophysiology, advanced imaging, cardiac catheterization, and/or surgery, etc.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical record
- Participate in coordination and supervision of stress tests including cardiopulmonary stress test, as capable
- Assist in facilitating research projects within the division
- Participate in educating medical professionals about congenital heart disease, either through direct communication, writing, or collaboration
- Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology; interpersonal/human relations; ability to implement and interpret policies and procedures; knowledge of regulatory agency standards (i.e. JCAHO, OSHA, HRS), Nursing Standards and Florida Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates clinical skill in area of ambulatory care or particular specialization. Basic management skills.
- Comfort with interpersonal skills and interactions amongst patients at various levels of cognitive function or developmental delay.
- Certification in ACLS, and recommended PALS certification (but not essential)
- ARNP certification should be in family practice as care will be focused toward the adult with congenital heart disease with some involvement with the pediatric population.
- Prefer experience in any individual or combination of the following, but not required: family practice, intensive care (Pediatric ICU, Cardiovascular/Cardiothoracic ICU, Medical ICU), cardiology inpatient/outpatient, cardiac electrophysiology, adult medicine inpatient/outpatient
- Combination of outpatient primarily with occasional inpatient responsibilities
- May involve care in outreach outpatient clinic settings
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.