Psychologist – Bariatric
Northeast Florida’s leader in comprehensive behavioral healthcare is seeking a Clinical Health Psychologist with specialization and interest in Bariatric Psychology and Weight Management to join our dynamic and distinguished multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate for this unique and exciting opportunity will be responsible for providing direct clinical services for bariatric patients including psychological testing and individual case consultation as part of the interdisciplinary team at the Baptist Center for Bariatrics Functions as a bariatric psychological provider with the ability to manage the complex behavioral needs of patients with chronic medical conditions and have a direct impact on the care of our patients as they work towards their goals improved health.
Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s only health system providing the full continuum of mental health care for children and adults ranging from outpatient services and partial hospitalization to inpatient care at our state-of-the-art riverfront facility. Baptist Health is the region’s most preferred health system and one of Modern Healthcare’s top 100 places to work where we are integrating behavioral health practitioners into primary care, cancer care, neurology, bariatrics and beyond. Baptist Health leadership strongly supports the Behavioral Health Department and passionately believes mental health is an essential component of general health and well-being, and is imperative to the communities we serve. We have strong support across the region from donors and endowments and are proud to be the leader in behavioral healthcare services in Northeast Florida.
- Board certified or board eligible Ph.D./Psy.D. in clinical psychology
- Expertise in the assessment and treatment of the obese patient and the concomitant behavioral and psychological variables associated with obesity and weight loss surgery
- Active membership in professional organizations related to the provision of bariatric behavioral health services in strongly encouraged
- In possession of or able to obtain an active, unrestricted Florida license
- Eligible to be credentialed with major insurance panels
World Famous Quality of Life
- Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
- Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
- Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”