Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, located in Northeast Florida, is actively seeking an experienced medical oncologist to join the Division of Cancer Medicine. This position will implement and oversee the development and growth of Medical Oncology at Baptist Medical Center South and Baptist Medical Center Clay (opening summer 2022), and report to the Head, Division of Cancer Medicine. Successful candidates will be board-certified with a record of clinical and academic accomplishment sufficient for an academic appointment at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of integrated oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides our faculty physicians a rewarding blend of focused patient care and scholastic activity in a hybrid clinical-academic model. Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
- Assist in the development of Cancer Center’s strategic initiatives;
- Manage the program’s clinical growth and development in medical oncology care delivery and quality in collaboration with the Divisions of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Radiation Oncology;
- Promote professional behaviors and enhance quality of care;
- Recruit other highly qualified faculty members
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to our patient-centered multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer patient care including participation in quality management and research programs.
- Have a minimum of five years of clinical experience;
- Have prior leadership or management experience (preferred)
- Recognize the opportunity and rewards for a systems-based model of medical oncology care within a community setting;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and scholarship.
- Receive and provide mentoring and other support to facilitate personal and professional goals
- Demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to establish and maintain an active clinical practice and develop areas of productive scholarship
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty.
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.