The Baptist Health, AgeWell House Calls Program is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join a rapidly growing, innovative senior health practice. The AgeWell Institute was formed in October 2012 and is the only comprehensive, interdisciplinary geriatric program in Northeast Florida. This role with be serving both locations at Baptist AgeWell Downtown and Baptist AgeWell Beaches.
Join a group of geriatricians and nurse practitioners and help support a developing house calls program with a nurse practitioner driven model. This is a full time, outpatient position with minimal call responsibilities shared with our primary care provider group.
- Serving a geriatric population and other high-risk adults
- Knowledge and experience with geriatric syndromes including Dementia
- Primary care in the home for frail seniors integrated within the AgeWell Center interdisciplinary care team
- Transitions of care service for high risk acute care discharges
- Geriatric certification preferred
- Palliative care certification preferred
- Minimum one year experience in a patient care role including a geriatric population.
- Experience working in home health or other home-based services preferred.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and evidence of insurance
- Ability to work independently in a home setting
- Ability to collaborate effectively within an interdisciplinary team model of care
- Passion for a geriatric population
- Active/Unrestricted license
Baptist AgeWell Center for Senior Health is a specialized outpatient center and primary care team focused on promoting healthy aging for older adults with complex needs. The center is designed to serve patients 65 and specializes in those who have experienced an unexplained decline in health and/or have had two or more hospital visits in the past twelve months. We offer a comprehensive approach that looks at the whole person – and it all starts with your personalized geriatric assessment.
Founded in 1955, Baptist Health serves families throughout the region with high-quality, comprehensive care for every stage of life. Currently ranked as the "most preferred" health care provider in the Jacksonville area, Baptist Health is deeply honored to serve the community through a growing circle of care that includes five nationally accredited hospitals (including the region's only children's hospital) plus more than 200 primary care and specialty physician practices, children's specialty clinics, home health care, behavioral health, occupational health, pharmacies, rehabilitation services and urgent care.
Consistently rated Jacksonville's "Most Preferred Healthcare Provider" by consumers in the annual National Research Corporation survey, Baptist recently was named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare.