Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s largest and most preferred health system, is seeking a board-certified geriatrician to join our new program for senior services. Our innovative program includes a multi-disciplinary team approach to primary care led by the geriatrician.
A board-certified geriatrician is required to help shape our comprehensive, innovative program and Medicare Medical Home. The opportunity is for full-time and the clinic is based in the highly desirable Ponte Vedra area treating patients 65 years and older.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Active/Unrestricted Florida medical license
- Geriatric Fellowship Preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be able and willing to lead an Interdisciplinary Team model with support of behavioral health, social work, pharmacy, nutrition, care coordination and rehab resources, plus integrating patient/care-givers into the care team in support of exemplary patient outcomes and synergy among the components
- Maintenance of patient well-being and independent functioning
- Ability to spend sufficient time caring for patients in the most appropriate venue: office, via telemedicine, and in the home
- Work with an Advance Practice Provider to optimize time spent with patients
- Ability to share in on-call schedule
- Advance Care Planning
- Attention to Medicare Advantage/ACO quality outcome requirements
- Inspires patient engagement and patient activation
- Sensitivity to read and react appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues
- Excellent bed-side manner that puts patients, care givers and family at ease
- Ability to communicate patiently with patient, care givers, and family, as well as with Interdisciplinary Team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes
- Empathy toward the human condition and human behavior
- High level of attention to patient satisfaction
About our Facility
Baptist Senior Service is affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and physician teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences. The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.
Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States. Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supe
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.