The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center in Jacksonville, Florida, is actively seeking outstanding applicants for a full-time clinically experienced, academically oriented Medical Oncologist, or Hematologist / Oncologist, to serve as Head of the Division of Cancer Medicine, and as Medical Oncologist-in-Chief. The Division Head is responsible for all physicians and clinical services within the Division of Cancer Medicine. Additional Cancer Center leadership opportunities may be considered for selected candidates.
The Division Head, a key member of our clinical and operational leadership team, will significantly influence the direction of our Cancer Center, and will provide and direct state-of-the-art medical oncology, hematology, and other medical services. The Division Head will maintain and advance excellent, compassionate, and multidisciplinary care for patients with cancer together with a dedicated team of 20+ medical oncologists committed to our mission of Making Cancer History. The Division Head is responsible for the strategic planning, budgeting, coordination, performance, and evaluation of all clinical, educational, academic, and research activities within the Division, thereby ensuring quality, efficient, and cost-effective patient care.
The Division Head will:
- Be responsible for the overall strategic management, planning, and execution of clinical and other operations medical oncology, hematology, and medical subspecialties
- Maintain and enhance professional excellence and quality improvement in comprehensive multidisciplinary disease-site focused clinics in all program locations,
- Exhibit the passion, communication and interpersonal skills required to sustain and renew faculty within a growing Division, build an active clinical practice, and maintain and develop areas of productive scholarship,
- Recruit, retain, and mentor outstanding disease-site focused faculty and staff and create opportunities for clinical investigations, provide mentorship and opportunities for academic career development and other scholarly/educational/research activities,
- Provide quality review/assessment of medical oncology, hematology, cellular therapy and stem cell transplantation, infusion, and educational programs in development for all program locations, and in coordination with Cancer Center and Health System leadership,
- Be certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology / Hematology and have, or be eligible for, an unrestricted Florida Medical License,
- Have a minimum of 7 – 10 years of clinical and leadership experiences.
- Be recommended for appointment as Adjunct Associate or Professor at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center commensurate with clinical and academic achievements.
- In collaboration with the Baptist MD Anderson Medical Director, align with UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Cancer Network leadership regarding the Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Medicine/Medical Oncology programs.
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center provides comprehensive, integrated oncology services in partnership with the nation’s leading cancer center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and as a premier program of the Baptist Health System, a 6-hospital system and the region’s most preferred healthcare provider. Baptist Health System is the only health system in the Southeastern United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of cancer patient care. Our 9-story, 330,000 square foot Cancer Center incorporates contemporary design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families. In 2021, 8288 analytic and non-analytic cancer patients were seen. Our Cellular Therapy and Stem Cell Transplantation program is under construction. Our program continues to grow to meet significant community and regional needs.
Northeast Florida provides outstanding cost of living and recreational opportunities. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top two most desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value and impact of a diverse faculty. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter briefly describing their clinical and academic interests to:
Michael R. Olson, MD, PhD
Head, Division of Radiation Oncology and
Chair, Search Committee for the Head, Division of Cancer Medicine
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
1301 Palm Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32207
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Doctorate of Medicine
Doctorate of Medicine
- 7 – 10 years of clinical and leadership experiences
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Preferred
- Licensed Physician Required
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License Required
Baptist MD Anderson Ctr
1301 Palm Ave
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health partnered with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to create the Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center in Jacksonville. MD Anderson is the largest freestanding cancer center in the world, ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care by U.S. News and World Report. Baptist Health of Northeast Florida provides state-of-the art care for all types of cancer and is a regional leader in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research and education. As one of only three health systems in the nation to become a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Baptist Health is replicating the MD Anderson model of care, with full clinical and operational integration. This means patients in the Southeast U.S. will be able to benefit from the same full range of multi-disciplinary care options as those available in Houston, including access to ongoing cancer research and select clinical trials. The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center team is seeking full-time, energetic and compassionate individuals for both inpatient and outpatient care to become part of our innovative, multi-disciplinary, highly integrated cancer program.