Exciting Leadership Opportunity
Northeast Florida’s largest and most preferred health system is seeking a MEDICAL DIRECTOR of INFECTIOUS DISEASE to further develop and effectively lead an established, integral component of the region’s most robust clinically-integrated network.
The successful candidate will possess leadership experience in a dynamic, multi-site environment and demonstrate a history of accountability and success in designing infectious disease clinical programs, guiding quality, optimizing protocols, achieving targeted outcomes and driving a patient-centered culture across matrixed systems. In addition to clinical responsibilities and via collaboration with senior administrative and medical leadership, the Medical Director of Infectious Disease will ensure provision of quality services through effective evaluation, development, implementation and supervision of delivery models, practices and protocols.
- Board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease
- Demonstrated leadership experience with evidence of success in programmatic design, development, performance and growth
- Ability to obtain an active and unrestricted FL license
- Experience and credibility with thought leaders across clinical and industry settings
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform oversight of clinical and programmatic design and direction
- Lead quality initiatives and drive desired outcomes
- Develop and optimize clinical practices, protocols, policies and procedures
- Supervise physician and provider teams
- Ensure regulatory and accreditation compliance
- Enhance and maximize collaboration between clinical teams in both inpatient and outpatient environments
- Build a culture of respect, trust and professionalism among medical staff of the service
- Attract, recruit and develop qualified physician talent
The Strength of Our System
Baptist Infectious Disease is affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including a distinguished pathology team and more than 250 inpatient and outpatient primary care physicians at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and clinical teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.