The Baptist Neurological Institute, Northeast Florida’s premier center for treatment of neurological conditions of the brain and spine, is actively seeking NEUROHOSPITALISTS with training and/or experience in VASCULAR NEUROLOGY or NEUROPHYSIOLOGY to join the rapidly-growing and highly-distinguished clinical team. Successful candidates will have strong interest in supporting system-wide stroke program initiatives including teleneurology, the development of a thrombectomy-ready center and continued expansion of services across the regional landscape.
The award-winning Baptist Health Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is led by internationally- renowned endovascular neurosurgeons Ricardo Hanel, MD, PhD and Eric Sauvageau, MD and is the regional epicenter for advanced diagnostics and treatments for all cerebrovascular conditions in adults and children.
• Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has earned the designation of Comprehensive Stroke Center and Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, signifying the highest level of stroke certification available.
• Home to Florida's only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center, the comprehensive center features four floors solely dedicated to the care of neurologic patients including:
- Advanced neurosurgical operative suites with intraoperative MRI and CT capabilities
- Dedicated neuro-interventional suites with bi-plane imaging
- A dedicated 24-bed Neuro ICU under the medical leadership of Neeraj Neval, MD, Director of Neuro Critical Care and Inpatient Neurological Services
- 48 private patient suites for neurological conditions
• The Baptist Health system-wide stroke program features three primary stroke centers in addition to the comprehensive center. An exciting initiative is underway to develop a thrombectomy-ready center at Baptist Medical Center South, the region’s most rapidly growing facility located in the center of North-east FL’s most explosive economic and population growth. Care of Acute Stroke patients at the 4 Baptist Medical Centers, 3 Free-standing ERs and 2 affiliated hospitals under Coastal Health are coordinated by credentialed Baptist Tele-stroke providers.
WORLD FAMOUS QUALITY OF LIFE
• Northeast Florida is alive with miles of beaches and waterways, professional sports teams, a strong economy, championship golf courses, exceptionally diverse cultural and recreational opportunities and abundant natural resources.
• The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and quality of life experiences that the Sunshine State has to offer.
• Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for families of all ages.
• Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer