Located in one the nation’s most sought after destinations, Baptist Neurological Institute, Northeast Florida’s premier program for treatment of neurological conditions of the brain and spine, is actively seeking a NEUROMUSCULAR PHYSICIAN (NEUROLOGIST) to join the rapidly-growing and highly-distinguished clinical team. Successful candidates will have strong interest in treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease); inflammatory myopathy; autoimmune necrotizing myopathy; polymyositis; inclusion body myositis; muscular dystrophy, and myopathy. Expertise is also desired in electromyography and nerve conduction studies, evoked potentials and intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring.
- Provide clinical oversight specific to best practices and gold standards of care in the evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular patients and conditions
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and providers across the care team and continuum
- Achieve optimal patient outcomes consistent with clinical objectives aimed at maximizing patient health and functional capacities
- Perform medical monitoring and effective surveillance to inhibit and prevent complication and promote access and full integration into the community to optimize quality of life
- Baptist Neurological Institute provides both inpatient and outpatient care at all Baptist Medical Center hospital locations and neuroscience clinics throughout the communities of Northeast Florida.
- In collaboration with neurosurgeons, the Baptist Neurology Group is currently expanding its program to further develop the Baptist Neuroscience Institute, a multi-specialty program that focus in various neurological conditions such as Stroke, Neurophysiology disorders, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuro-oncology, Memory Disorders, Movement Disorders, Cerebrovascular Care, and Minimally Invasive Surgical Spine Care.
- Baptist Neurology Group is one of the largest private health system integrated neurology groups in the Southeast United States.
- As a clinically integrated and highly-coordinated team, Baptist Medical Center South, Baptist Medical Center Beaches and Baptist Medical Center Nassau offer neurological expertise backed by the tertiary services and capabilities of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville including Florida's only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center and four floors solely dedicated to the care of neurologic patients including:
- Advanced neurosurgical operative suites with intraoperative MRI and CT capabilities
- Dedicated neuro-interventional suites with bi-plane imaging
- A dedicated 24-bed Neuro ICU
- 48 private patient suites for neurological conditions
The Strength of Our System
Baptist Neurological Institute and Baptist Neurology Group are affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 inpatient and outpatient primary care physicians at the core of the health system.