The Terry Heart Center at Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville is recruiting a full-time ARNP or PA to work alongside our Cardiothoracic Surgery Program. Applicants must have completed an active license in Florida. This role will be first assist in all surgery cases with the surgeon. They will assist in preparation of cases (OR) as well provide direct patient care. Some after hours and weekend work may be required. This role is required to take some call in partnership with the rest of the surgical team.
Organizational Appeal and Excellence
Recognized year after year as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Wolfson Children's Hospital of Jacksonville, Florida is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. We are a non-profit organization that provides care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay. Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only comprehensive Cardiovascular Program in the region.
- The Terry Heart Institute (Institute) Cardiothoracic Surgery team is comprised of 3 Surgeons (partnered with UPMC) and a schedule team with experience in complex hearts.
- The Institute is comprised of 10 board certified physicians across nine locations spanning seven counties. We provide the full spectrum of diagnostic, invasive and interventional cardiology, comprehensive electrophysiology and congenital heart care (location dependent).
- The Terry Heart Center is the largest and most comprehensive pediatric heart care program in the region. The team partners with maternal and fetal medicine, pediatric primary care, and other pediatric specialty physicians. At our core at its core we strive for clinical integration, quality outcomes and the opportunity to build robust practices and careers
- Financially and structurally strong organization
World-Famous Quality of Life
- Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, multiple professional sport teams, championship tennis clubs, world-renowned golf courses and diverse cultural experiences
- Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States.
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life and nation's most sought after quality of life
- The Saint John’s County School District is the #1 ranked School District
- Florida has no state income tax
- Ability to obtain an active and unrestricted Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.