Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center located in beautiful Northeast Florida is actively seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our distinguished cancer medicine faculty. Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
Baptist MD Anderson has opened a brand-new, 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care.
- Master of Science
- Certified APRN/PA
- Licensed APRN/PA
- Oncology Experience Required
- Women’s health experience recommended
- Outpatient Clinic: Evaluates new and existing patients with solid tumor and hematologic malignancies in collaboration with staff physicians, as well as a multidisciplinary team.
- Infusion Center: Evaluates acute issues during infusions (i.e. hypersensitivity reactions, intractable nausea/vomiting, intractable pain, rash, etc). Address concerns of oncology patients related to treatment. Education and coordination of care for patients as they are assessed during their time in infusion. Assessing areas for process improvement and collaborating with participating parties to increase patient safety and efficiency of care in a busy infusion center.
- Weekend Inpatient Rounding: Assists on call provider on inpatient rounds for the medical oncology service including solid tumor and hematologic malignancies. Provides assistance in consultations of new patients to the medical oncology/ hematology service as well as patients direct admitted for inpatient chemotherapy, timely collaboration with admitting hospitalist physicians, coordination of discharge and follow up in the outpatient clinic
- Hours: Monday – Friday with rotational weekend call coverage
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences. The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.
Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer. Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to: Alexis.Rodgers@bmcjax.com
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.