Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center located in beautiful Northeast Florida is actively seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our distinguished cancer medicine faculty. Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
Baptist MD Anderson has opened a brand-new, 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care.
- Master of Science
- Certified PA / APRN
- Licensed PA / APRN
- 3+ years surgical experience as First Assistant.
- Laparoscopy / Thoracoscopy / Robotic experience emphasized
- Inpatient: The APP will
- Have a significant OR responsibility and First Assist in the OR; occasionally Second Assist.
- Independently round on Thoracic Surgery inpatients requiring ICU and telemetry care provide general hospital care, wound management, pain management, and facilitate admission and discharge processes
- Provide timely consultative services in collaboration with the primary or on-call thoracic surgeon
- Demonstrate collegial and professional interact with physicians, APPs, nurses, and hospital and Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center team members from multiple aligned medical and surgical floors and services
- performs entrustable professional activities (EPA) as applicable
- OR: First assist in the OR with complex open and minimally invasive procedures (laparoscopic, thoracoscopic, and robotic surgical support).
- Outpatient: Evaluates new and existing patients in collaboration with physicians, as well as multidisciplinary team; performs entrustable professional activities (EPA) as applicable
- Documentation: Completes inpatient and outpatient documentation in a timely fashion,
- Monday – Friday
- Shared night and weekend call: home call for surgical oncology service during the week, and weekend call with inpatient rounding
- OR coverage for urgent or emergency cases
- Salary: To be negotiated based on experience and education
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.
Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty.
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.