You’re invited to join our rapidly growing inpatient team at Baptist Medical Center Nassau. As Hospitalist with Baptist Health, you will become an integral part of the largest health system in Northeast Florida and will have the advantage of the broad-based support to provide excellent care to your patients.
Learn more about Fernandina beach here
About Baptist Medical Center Nassau
Baptist Medical Center Nassau is a 62 bed, highly advanced, community hospital that provides a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services and 24hr emergency. Ranked among the best in the U.S. for quality and safety in patient care, we offer advanced technologies, a state-of-the-art surgical center, leading-edge clinical protocols and an expert medical staff. Our facility is an integral part of our coastal communities across northeast Florida and southeast Georgia, providing robust inpatient and outpatient services.
Learn more about our campus! Download Fact Sheet
All the facts, stats, services, and awards you need to know about Baptist Medical Center Nassau.
What You Can Expect
- Based salary of $309,400, plus metric bonus
- Retention bonus of $25K
- Commencement bonus of $25K
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- Average of 15 patients and 3-5 admissions per night
- 36 bed Med/Surg and 8 bed AAU unit
- Extensive specialist support
- Physician led, professionally managed enterprise
- Newly renovated, state-of-the-art hospital facilities
What You Will Need
- MD or DO
- Board certified or board eligible
- Active/unrestricted medical license
- Internal Medicine (Family Medicine with 3 years of Hospitalist experience)
- Interest in pursuing procedural skills set - our team will offer training on required procedures such as intubation, moderate sedation, central lines, and chest tube/thoracentesis
- ACL is required and training is available if needed
Changing Healthcare for Good - About Baptist Health
Baptist Health is the region’s most preferred health system since 1990, ranking highest in the categories of best doctors, best nurses, best quality and best reputation. Specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build successful practices focused on quality outcomes as part of the largest clinically-integrated physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system.
Please send CV for application to Jennifer.Wallace@bmcjax.com
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Doctorate of Medicine
Doctorate of Medicine
Experience preferred, but not required
License and Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) Required
- Licensed Physician Required
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License Required
1250 South 18th Street
Fernandina Beach, FL, 32034
There’s a Place for You Here
Located just off the coast of Northeast Florida, Fernandina Beach area embodies easy living. Just a short drive puts you in Amelia Island, with 13-miles of beautiful beaches, abundant native wildlife, pristine waters, and hospitable locals, this barrier island offers luxury resorts, golf courses, and the tranquility of barely occupied, award-winning beaches. It perfectly combines old southern charm with a modern Florida flair.
Combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair, the area has been recognized for its unique culture offering equal parts adventure and relaxation. Come join us!