Baptist Corporate Health is seeking a PRN Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Advance Practice Provider (APP) in an acute care or clinic setting. The APP will have the opportunity to work within a fast paced environment and travel to the various Baptist Hospital sites throughout the Jacksonville area. The midlevel provider will perform history and physicals and review diagnostic test results for a pre-determined group of corporate clients. The provider must be comfortable with women’s and men’s health, acute and chronic patients, patient follow ups and wellness exams. Applicants should demonstrate proficiency with EMR, excellent oral and written communication skills, and flexibility in scheduling as to day, time and locations of the assignment. Applicants must possess an outgoing attitude and should be able to work independently and/or within a team environment.
- Master of Science
- Certified APRN or PA
- Licensed APRN or PA
- Active/unrestricted state license in good standing
- No current or pending malpractice lawsuits
- Ability to make sound medical decisions based on a comprehensive evaluation
- BLS Certification
- Local candidates preferred with preferential consideration given to residents of Nassau County
RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Obtains detailed history and performs physical examinations.
- Performs or orders x-rays, electrocardiograms, laboratory tests, and other diagnostic procedures, and interprets results.
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Strong assessment, organizational and problem solving skill as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Ability to function independently and exercise judgment in interactions with physicians, professional care team and patients/clients.
- Demonstrates proficient time management skills.
- Candidates must have excellent communication, problem-solving, organization and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Preferential consideration will be considered to the candidate having an active interest in health and fitness and living in Nassau County.
The Strength of Our System
Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider, since 1990 ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and physician teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.