Baptist Behavioral Health, Northeast Florida's leader in comprehensive behavioral healthcare is actively seeking an Adult Psychiatry Consultant Liaison to join our inpatient team. This clinical position primarily focuses on the opportunity to practice hospital-based consultant-liaison psychiatry and will offer growth and development while working collaboratively with the hospitals in the ever-growing Baptist system. In addition, there is the opportunity to educate residents and students who complete a rotation through our hospital. Furthermore, this position will receive support from nurse practitioners, a nurse coordinator to manage the workload efficiently, and an addiction medicine specialist dedicated to managing those consults. The position also offers the highly desirable 7 on-7 off schedule and provides an extra week of PTO.
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cerebrovascular Accident
- Neurological Disorders
- Acute Stress Response
- Licensed or Licensed Eligible in State of Florida
- Board certified/Board Eligible
Changing Health Care for Good
Baptist Health is proud to be the region's only health system providing the full continuum of mental health care for children and adults ranging from outpatient services and partial hospitalization to inpatient care at our state-of-the-art riverfront facility. Baptist Health leadership strongly supports the Behavioral Health Department and passionately believes mental health is an essential component of general health and well-being and is imperative to the communities we serve. We have strong support across the region from donors and endowments and are proud to be the leader in behavioral healthcare services across three counties in Northeast Florida.
There’s a Place for You Here
- Jacksonville holds something spectacular for every interest – whether you prefer to indulge in the arts, energize your inner Anthony Bourdain by exploring different cuisines, seek the excitement of attending a professional sporting event, or just place your toes in the sand and let the Atlantic sunrise start your morning…Jacksonville is home for you!
- A multitude of suburban, urban, or beachfront living that will fit any budget or lifestyle
- You’ll have immediate access to an international airport and a quick drive finds you right in the middle of the most magical place in the world of theme parks.
- A community that offers a wide variety of stellar public and private school districts and the safety of our “Big Small Town”
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Doctorate of Medicine
Doctorate of Medicine
- Inpatient Mental Health Experience
- Experience providing services to patients with severe mental illnesses Preferred
License and Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- Licensed Physician Required
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License Required
Baptist Behavioral Health
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.