Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Psychologist specializing in trauma at Baptist Oakleaf. This is a Full-time day's opportunity.
Northeast Florida’s leader in comprehensive behavioral healthcare is seeking a psychologist to join our dynamic and distinguished multidisciplinary team. This position will primarily work with adults providing individual therapy within an office setting as well as via telehealth. The successful candidate for this unique and exciting opportunity will be responsible for providing innovative and collaborative diagnostic and treatment services through individual counseling as well as psychological testing in a multidisciplinary outpatient setting.
Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s only health system providing the full continuum of mental health care for children and adults ranging from outpatient services and partial hospitalization to inpatient care at our state-of-the-art facility. Baptist Health is the region’s most preferred health system and one of Modern Healthcare’stop 100 places to work where we are integrating behavioral health practitioners into primary care, cancer care, neurology, and beyond. Baptist Health leadership strongly supports the Behavioral Health Department and passionately believes mental health is an essential component of general health and well-being, and is imperative to the communities we serve. We have strong support across the region from donors and endowments and are proud to be the leader in behavioral healthcare services across 3 counties in Northeast Florida.
As a Psychologist, you will be responsible for:
- Provides diagnosis and psychological treatment services to patients with behavioral issues, using best practices in the field.
- Keeps up with medical record documentation and requests authorization for care as indicated by support staff and payors.
- Board certified or board eligible Ph.D./Psy.D. in clinical psychology
- Specialty training in trauma
- In possession of or able to obtain an active, unrestricted Florida license
- Eligible to be credentialed with major insurance panels
World Class Quality of Life
- Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, multiple professional sports teams, renowned golf courses and diverse cultural experiences including world-class art and museums
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
- Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
- The Saint John's County School District is the #1 ranked School District in the state of Florida
This Psychologist will be located at Baptist Oakleaf. If you are interested in this Full-time day's opportunity, please apply.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- Experience in Outpatient Setting
License and Certification
- Licensed Psychologist Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
One of our associates will be in contact with you soon.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area’s “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.
Our comprehensive care includes five Magnet-designated hospitals and more than 60 primary care and specialty physician offices, as well as home health care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, Spiritual Care, occupational health and urgent care.
Baptist Health is nationally recognized for the use of clinical information technology to improve quality, safety and timeliness of patient care. All five hospitals are fully digital and our entire system is on the leading edge of creating a private integrated health information network allowing for coordination of care across the entire continuum.