Northeast Florida’s leader in comprehensive behavioral healthcare is seeking a Ph.D in Psychology with specialization in Sports Psychology to join our dynamic and distinguished multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate for this unique and exciting opportunity has a thorough understanding of sports culture and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team including other psychologist, nutritionists, as well as the experience in helping athletes manage pressure and anxiety on and off the field.
Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s only health system providing the full continuum of mental health care for children and adults ranging from outpatient services and partial hospitalization to inpatient care at our state-of-the-art riverfront facility. Baptist Health is the region’s most preferred health system and one of Modern Healthcare’s top 100 places to work where we are integrating behavioral health practitioners into primary care, cancer care, neurology, and beyond. Baptist Health leadership strongly supports the Behavioral Health Department and passionately believes mental health is an essential component of general health and well-being, and is imperative to the communities we serve. We have strong support across the region from donors and endowments and are proud to be the leader in behavioral healthcare services across 3 counties in Northeast Florida.
- Board certified or board eligible Ph.D
- Two years’ experience in sports psychology
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology – preferred but not required
- Ability to interact with athletes, coaching staff and administrative personnel
- In possession of or able to obtain an active, unrestricted Florida license
- Eligible to be credentialed with major insurance panels
World Class Quality of Life
- Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, multiple professional sports teams, renowned golf courses and diverse cultural experiences including world-class art and museums
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
- Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
- The Saint Johns County School District is the #1 ranked School District in the state of Florida