David Taormina, MD Office and Other Patient Information
David Taormina, MD Biography and Info
David P. Taormina, MD, is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of all orthopedic injuries, conditions, and disorders. Dr. Taormina has a special interest in the upper extremity, including both operative and non-operative modalities in all age groups. His areas of expertise include:
- Joint replacement
- Arthritis and degenerative disease of the hip and knee
- Hand and upper extremity
- Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, and trigger fingers
- Arthritis, fractures and tendon injury
- Elbow and wrist surgery including wrist arthroscopy
- Pediatric injury and fractures
- Orthopedic trauma, including ankle and hip fractures
I grew up in a small town of 600 people, where my father owned a family music store. In my free time, I enjoy boating, playing the drums and the piano and watching and playing sports, in particular hockey. My interest in hockey lead to a desire to pursue training as an orthopedic surgeon. But it was my real-world experiences along the way which have truly molded my approach to patient care.
I’ve learned that while two X-rays may look the same, no two people are the same. My goal is to work with the patient, so that we as a team can figure out the best treatment plan.
I have always enjoyed being a core member in the communities where I have resided. Giving back to the community will always be a focus of mine and my family’s.
- Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Baptist Medical Center Nassau
- Baptist Medical Center South
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
Legal Practice Name
- Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute, Inc.
David Taormina, MD Additional Information
Education & Training
Doctor of Medicine - Medical School
New York Medical College - Valhalla , NY
2009 – 2014
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases - New York , NY
2014 – 2019
Jackson Memorial Hospital - Miami , FL
2019 – 2020