Hyaluronate (Into the eye)
Hyaluronate Sodium (hye-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Used during cataract surgery.
Amvisc, Amvisc Plus, Biolon, ProviscThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you have had an allergic reaction to sodium hyaluronate.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- This medicine is injected into your eye during surgery.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision
- Burning, red, swollen, or watery eyes
- Severe headache
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/10/2019
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.