Netarsudil (Into the eye)
Lowers pressure inside the eye caused by glaucoma or hypertension in the eye.
RhopressaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using this medicine. You may insert them again after 15 minutes.
- Missed dose: If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule.
- Store the unopenedbottle in the refrigerator. Do not freeze. You may keep the opened bottle in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 6 weeks.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- If you are also using other eye medicines together with netarsudil, use them at least 5 minutes from each other.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have eye disease or vision problems.
- If you hurt your eye, develop an eye infection, or need to have eye surgery, talk with your doctor right away. You may need to change your medicine or stop using it.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision or other changes in vision, severe eye irritation or inflammation
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/10/2019
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.