Ocriplasmin (Into the eye)
Treats an eye condition called symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion.
JetreaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ocriplasmin.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- This medicine is given as a shot into the eye.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have an eye infection, trouble seeing colors, glaucoma, or other eye problems.
- This medicine may cause serious eye infections. Tell your doctor right away if your eyes become red, painful, or sensitive to light, or if you have a change in vision.
- This medicine may cause temporary blurred vision. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not able to see well. If this symptom persists, tell your eye doctor right away.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress after you receive this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bleeding in your eyes
- Blurry vision, decreased vision, seeing floating spots
- Difficulty in telling colors apart
- Eye redness, sensitivity to light, pain
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.