Terbinafine (On the skin)
Treats a fungus infection on your skin, including tinea pedis ("athlete's foot"), tinea corporis ("ringworm"), and tinea cruris ("jock itch").
Antifungal, Athlete's Foot Cream, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Good Sense Terbinafine HCl, Jock Itch Cream, LamISIL AT, LamISIL AT Athlete's Foot, LamISIL AT Cream For Jock Itch, Leader Athlete's Foot AF, Quality Choice Athlete's Foot, Sunmark Athlete's Foot CreamThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to terbinafine.
How to Use This Medicine:
Cream, Spray, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- This medicine should not be used in the vagina.
- Before using this medicine, use soap and water to wash the skin where you will use the medicine. Dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Put a thin layer of the cream over the infected area and rub it in gently.
- Use enough liquid to cover the infected skin and the healthy skin around the infection.
- Do not use the spray on your face.
- Use the medicine on both feet if you have athlete's foot.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
- Take all of the medicine in your prescription to clear up your infection, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as possible unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Keep the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and moisture. Do not freeze or refrigerate.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other medicines on the same area of skin unless your doctor tells you to.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- This medicine will only treat certain kinds of infections. Use the medicine as your doctor ordered. You should not use the medicine to treat other conditions such as diaper rash or vaginal infections.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Itching, rash, swelling, blisters, or redness that were not there before you used this medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging, burning, or dryness where medicine is put on
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.