Vitamin B combination (By injection)
Supplies your body with B vitamins. You might need extra B vitamins because of an illness or other medicines that you are using. You might not be getting enough B vitamins from the food you eat, or for other reasons. Given to people who cannot take B vitamins by mouth.
Vitamin B Complex 100There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any kind of vitamin B or to benzyl alcohol (a preservative).
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins. It can also be given as a shot into one of your muscles.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood.
- Numbness or weakness in your arm or leg, or on one side of your body.
- Pain in your lower leg (calf).
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain where the shot was given.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/4/2018
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.