Baptist Health’s website is a reflection of our longstanding commitment to be Northeast Florida’s comprehensive community health resource. Over the years we have continuously improved our site content and functionality, which has resulted in many positive comments and suggestions for further improvement, many of which will be included in our latest site update.
Mobile Devices are the Future of Health Care Delivery
The use of mobile devices to access the Baptist Health website doubled in 2014 alone with iPhone and iPad devices making up nearly two thirds of all of our traffic. With this in mind, Baptist is making mobile an integral part of how we deliver health resources to our community in the future.
- We’re committed to page layouts that respond to the screen size and orientation for an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.
- We’re committed to one site with one URL and one uniform experience across devices
- We embrace Google’s mobile guidelines to ensure highly ranked, “mobile friendly” search results to make it easy for you to find what you’re looking for.
- The site features a new clean and simple design that optimizes findability, readability and usability regardless of the size of your device.
- Web fonts and icons will remain razor sharp across all screen sizes and will take advantage of ever improving screen resolution.
- Just-in-time animation helps guide users through the site to help find what they’re looking for.
- Reasonably sized images to optimize page load performance.
Baptist Health is committed to making your experience fully accessible to individuals with disabilities, including but not limited to blindness, low-vision, deafness, hard of hearing and mobile impairment. As a result, Baptist Health complies with the regulations contained in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
We use HTML to convey meaning and structure to the content provided on the site without depending on visual presentation of the content.
Adobe Acrobat and PDF Reader
Some content contained on Baptist Health may require a PDF reader. If you experience difficulty viewing PDF files on the site, please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
By converting PDF files into a format easily understood by assistive technologies Adobe Acrobat Reader Accessibility support helps meet Section 508 accessibility standards for users with physical, sensory, or cognitive disabilities.
Adobe Flash Player
Some files contained on Baptist Health may require Adobe Flash Player. If you experience difficulty with content on Baptist Health you may be required to download a free Flash Player from Adobe.
With integrated support from Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA), Adobe Flash Player meets the regulation requirements of Section 508 Standards by allowing users with mobile impairments to easily move between content in the Flash Player and HTML content.