Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
For patients like Brandy, Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center brings together MD Anderson's world-renowned cancer expertise and Baptist Health's comprehensive health system to create an unprecedented range of options for adult cancer patients in our region. Our new cancer center uses the same principles that have established MD Anderson as the number one ranked cancer care program in the nation.
Like us, MD Anderson believes that …
- cancer patients should have access to the latest research, technology and treatment options including those which may not be offered elsewhere.
- cancer should be diagnosed and treated by dedicated oncology specialists working together as a team, in close consultation with patient and family.
- cancer care should be highly coordinated, with dedicated teams, systems and processes that provide continuity for the patient’s entire course of care.
- cancer care is best delivered close to home, with the support of family and friends, in a dedicated facility.
- supportive disciplines including genetic counseling, nutrition, and chaplaincy.
Cancer Centers and Clinics
As a Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center patient, your primary relationship will be with a specialist for your type of cancer, working in concert with a multidisciplinary cancer care team who work together under one roof for truly coordinated cancer treatment.
Brain & Spine Cancer
Bone & Soft Tissue Cancer
Head & Neck Cancer
The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is focused entirely on adult cancer care, addressing the medical needs of our patients as well as their emotional, spiritual, social, and financial needs. Centrally locating all services and specialties in one facility provides the patient with a home for every step of their journey – diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment, support and survivorship.
Under the leadership of Bill Putnam, MD, medical director, our cancer program is unique in our region because it is fully integrated with MD Anderson and its proven treatment approach, leading-edge research and highly specialized cancer expertise.
Our patients benefit from multidisciplinary care planning, which means a variety of oncology specialists have regularly scheduled meetings to focus on creating the treatment plan for each individual patient. All services are tailored to the patient’s specific illness and needs.
In addition to our team of oncology physicians, our nearly 200 dedicated team members are specially trained and/or certified in oncology. These include infusion, lab, pharmacy, rehab, nutrition, genetic counseling, patient education, pastoral care, psychological services, financial counseling, patient navigation, patient access, social work, and more.
Power of Prevention
Our partnership with MD Anderson will help us convert their vast knowledge of cancer into the power of prevention, raising awareness of the diseases and promoting healthy lifestyle choices to help people avoid becoming patients. We invite the community to join us in the global effort to #endcancer.