Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of women and men, but it doesn't have to be that way. By living a heart-healthy lifestyle, over 80% of heart disease could be prevented. HeartWise is a comprehensive wellness and prevention program that gives you the personalized knowledge, guidance and support to maximize your heart-healthy lifestyle.
Knowing your numbers is important because it helps to detect your risk factors for cardiovascular disease in the earliest stages. Schedule a comprehensive, one-hour HeartWise Screening & Consultation today. You’ll receive an in-depth evaluation of your personal risk factors, including all of the tests listed below, followed by a professional consultation to learn how to better manage your risks. If follow-up care is needed, we will refer you to a primary care physician or cardiologist and provide them with your results. Appointments are available at each Baptist Health hospital.
Heart Health Baseline:
- Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, BMI
- Height and Weight & Waist Circumference
Lipid Panel/Glucose Tests:
- Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- Blood Glucose Level
- Painless test to detect abnormal heart rhythms
- Serves as a baseline to detect if changes occur with future tests
We all know the importance of eating right, but with so many diets around, it can be a bit overwhelming. So Baptist Health has put together a scientifically proven, sustainable lifestyle approach to eating well, maintaining a healthy weight and loving your heart. The HeartWise Eating Plan is based upon Mediterranean eating patterns, which have been studied for the past 50 years for their heart healthy benefits. Not another fad diet, this is a sustainable approach to eating well that you and your family can adopt for life.
- 2 hour interactive session
- Baptist Registered Dietitians
- Learn how to eat heart healthy
- Taste heart healthy recipes
- Eating plan materials including grocery list and sample menus
Ready to get back into a regular exercise program? The one-hour HeartWise Fitness Assessment is a smart way to get started, now available at Wolfson Wellness Center in the Heart Hospital at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. An exercise specialist, experienced in cardiac rehabilitation, will assess your current fitness level and work with you to create a safe and personalized exercise program, including your target heart rate zone.
- 1 hour session
- Body fat analysis
- Waist circumference
- Stress test (6 minute walk while monitoring heart rate)
- Oxygen saturation (SPO2)
- Blood pressure
- Baptist exercise specialist
- Receive a personalized exercise prescription with target heart zone
Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of women and men but it doesn't have to be that way. By living a heart-healthy lifestyle over 80% of heart disease could be prevented.
To better address the needs of our patients we are offering a cardiovascular disease prevention program focused on nutrition. You'll gain a more comprehensive understanding of what causes cardiovascular disease how you can help prevent it through the plan you have been placed on by your physician. Learning sessions and workbook topics include:
- The Lowdown on High Blood Pressure
- Clearing Up Confusion About Cholesterol
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Eating Your Way to a Healthy Heart
- Adopting an Active Lifestyle
- What's Stress Got to Do With It?