Florida's first neurosurgical practice, Lyerly Neurosurgery, was founded in 1934 by James G. Lyerly Sr., MD, one of the founding members of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
Today, Lyerly Neurosurgery is affiliated with Baptist Health, recognized nationally as one of U.S.News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" for neurology and neurosurgery.
Our neurosurgeons have pioneered and are on the leading edge of exciting new medical technologies and advancements, and participate in clinical research.
Surgical and non-surgical treatment options include:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Disk arthroplasty
- Dynamic stabilization
- Computer assisted neurosurgery
- Deep brain stimulation
- Novalis Tx radiation therapies
- Decompressive laminectomy
- Spinal fusion
- Surgical treatment of brain and skull base tumors
- Conservative, non-surgical back pain treatment
Lyerly Neurosurgery provides the highest quality medical services with a comprehensive, conservative approach.
- The most minimally invasive spine case experience in North Florida
- Longest history of minimally invasive surgery use
- Designed, engineered and refined some of the leading minimally invasive implants currently on the market
- Actively lecture and teach minimally invasive techniques at courses and national meetings
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Fl 32207
We hope that you will select Lyerly Neurosurgery for your neurosurgical needs. Since 1934 our practice has provided patients with the highest quality medical services. With our comprehensive, conservative approach, we’ll consider all the surgical and non surgical options available and recommend effective treatment for your unique needs. That means you can expect solutions that relieve your pain and shorten your recovery time.
-Roxanne Curtright, Office Manager
Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Skull Base Lesions
Providers at this office: