Baptist Primary Care
Maybe you’ve always thought that if you’re feeling good, you don’t need to make a doctor’s appointment. At Baptist Health, we’d like you to consider the advantage of establishing a relationship with a primary care doctor before you need one.
A doctor you know and who knows you
Your primary care doctor serves an important role in your health by focusing on preventing, detecting and managing conditions while helping you meet your wellness goals throughout your life.
Promoting health and wellness
Your primary care doctor can keep you up-to-date with the latest information about immunizations, diet, exercise, screenings and more so you can make the best decisionsfor your wellness.
An ally when you need it most
Your primary care doctor will be there for you and your family when life has been interrupted by illness or injury.
Prevention is always the best medicine
Your doctor can monitor your health over time and assist you in making small adjustments that can prevent big health issues later.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Baptist Primary Care has been in the forefront in North Florida for obtaining accreditation for this innovative model of care that leverages teamwork and technology to provide high-quality care that is personalized, coordinated, convenient and focused on a long-term healing relationship.
- 24 offices have achieved Level 3 accreditation
- Look for the house icon to see if your doctor has been recognized
Better Transitions in Care for Hospitalized Patients
- Patients receive a follow-up phone call within 48 hours of discharge and are seen by their primary care physician within two weeks
- Baptist nurse navigators alert your primary care doctor about pending discharge using the electronic medical record
- The nurse navigator at the hospital or the medical assistant at the doctor’s office calls the patients within 48 hours to make a follow-up appointment
Easier Access for Patients with Urgent Needs
- Same- day appointments available for their patients with urgent needs
Better Tracking of Preventive Care
- Electronic medical record tracks patients’ care using reminders and follow-up care
A Teamwork Approach
- Your primary care doctor serves as the quarterback of the medical team and works with you to manage your health
- The medical assistants are very engaged in patient care, practicing to the limit of their licenses
- Access to health system resources such as the AgeWell Center, diabetes educators, dieticians and pharmacists