Hill Breast Center
Whether a woman is getting her annual screening mammogram, wants genetic counseling, needs a second opinion or has been diagnosed with breast cancer, the Hill Breast Center is designed to conveniently provide rapid, accurate answers for the best possible care and outcome.
The Hill Breast Center is the only dedicated breast center of its size in our region. Our multi-disciplinary team surrounds our patients with virtually everything they need from breast health education and screening to breast cancer diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and support service including genetic testing and counseling, as well as psychological services.
Full Range of the Latest Technology
We offer the advantage of a screening or diagnostic digital mammogram, follow-up testing and treatment in one location. This means the 10 percent of women who will have a suspicious result on their annual screening mammogram can get answers quickly.
- Digital mammography
- Breast ultrasound machines which integrate with digital mammography
- LumaGEM™ molecular breast imaging, which is especially effective for women with dense breast tissue
- Breast MRI technology
- Core biopsies using MRI, ultrasound or stereotactic imaging
- Ultrasound-guided cyst aspirations and needle locations
- Mammography-guided needle localization
- MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Galactography (ductography)
- Special procedures for women with breast implants
- Stereotactic core biopsy
- Sentinel node injection and nuclear scan
- PET scan
- Bone density scanner that screens for osteoporosis comfortably and accurately
Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic
For patients diagnosed with breast cancer, we bring together the collaborative expertise of oncologists, surgeons, mammography specialists, pathologists, and breast care coordinators to develop a personalized treatment plan. The breast care coordinator is a dedicated nurse clinician who is there to help the patient every step of the way throughout the treatment and healing process. Outpatient surgeries are offered in the Baptist Outpatient Center in the same building for patients’ convenience.
All of our specialists in breast cancer care meet weekly to discuss care, including clinical, pathological and radiological findings. Through collaboration, our goal is the best possible diagnosis and treatment.
Specialized Team of Radiologists
Hill Breast Center is home to a team of eight radiologists who specialize in mammography. Together, they interpret all screening and diagnostic mammograms for Baptist Health, including screening mammograms performed at our community hospitals, which are digitally transmitted to the Hill Breast Center.
This unique hub and team approach is designed to:
- Ensure accurate, rapid results
- Quickly provide a second opinion, third opinion or more if needed
Breast Care Coordinators
These nurse clinicians are dedicated to one purpose – reducing the anxiety that can come with breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. They are available to help as much as each patient desires by:
- Helping arrange appointments
- Arranging and providing support
- Making treatment and the healing process go as smoothly as possible