Baptist Health Clinical School opened applications for a 15-week Nursing Assistant preparation course. This will be the second cohort through Baptist Health Clinical School, which is licensed by the Florida Board of Nursing and the Commission for Independent Education.
The program will prepare the student to take their CNA certification exam through the Florida Board of Nursing. Training will be:
- Comprised of classroom sessions, a skills lab, testing and clinicals within a hospital and a long-term care facility
- Teaching students to care for patients in all types of care settings
- A mix of members of the public and Baptist Health team members
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to interview for a position to work at Baptist Health following certification, where they will also receive a year of mentoring within the health system. Once employed, Baptist Health offers team member education support as a benefit.
- Have a passion for helping others
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass an academic assessment test
- Participate in an interview
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, May 5, 2023. Classes will begin in July.
Learn more about the program and download the application.