Baptist Infectious Diseases
Our team of physicians specializes in caring for patients with bacterial, fungal and viral infections that do not respond to standard treatment. We also work with doctors and caregivers to help diagnose suspected infections, and to care for patients with compromised immune systems.
- Outpatient infusion therapy
- Board certified physicians in internal medicine and infectious diseases
- Providing travel medicine services
We are specialists in identifying and treating infections of the nervous system, bloodstream, respiratory system, skin, soft tissue, joints and prosthetics. This includes multiple-drug-resistant organisms, MRSA, ORSA and drug-resistant gram-negative bacterial infections.
Travel and Tropical Medicine
When traveling outside of the United States, it’s important to understand each country’s health risks, recent outbreaks and any travel requirements. Our travel medicine and infectious disease specialists will personally review your itinerary to identify risks, review any pre-existing medical conditions and to provide all of the travel vaccine regimens and information you’ll need to keep you healthy while abroad.
Here is a partial list of services offered:
- Country specific health information
- Jet lag
- Country specific immunization requirements
- World disease maps
- Malaria prevention – medicines and repellents
- Vaccine information statements (VIS)
- CDC travel notices
- U.S. Department of State travel warnings and alerts
- Food and water precautions
- U.S. Consular information
- Traveler’s diarrhea – prevention and treatment
- Immunocompromised traveler
- High altitude sickness
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Health advice for women/child travelers
To schedule a travel consultation or to learn more, please contact the Travel and Tropical Medicine office at 904.396.4886.