Baptist Health is pleased to welcome two new officers and three new members to the board of directors for Baptist Medical Center Beaches. The new members add a diverse range of skills, knowledge and experience to the board.
“Our local board plays an important role in setting the strategic direction of our hospital, and we value their input greatly,” said Joseph Mitrick, FACHE, hospital president of Baptist Beaches. “Our new members are entrenched in the beaches community and have a deep understanding of our area. I know they will help us continue to provide high-quality health care to our residents.”
The newly appointed board officers and members will serve three-year terms.
• Vice Chair – Keli Coughlin Joyce. Joyce has served as the executive director of the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation since 2004. She has overall strategic responsibility for the Jay Fund’s community outreach, financial management, fundraising, marketing, benefactor and recipient programs to execute its mission in Florida, New York and New Jersey. She was a member of the Jacksonville Business Journal’s 40 under 40 list in 2008 and is a member of Leadership Jacksonville’s 2009 class. Joyce earned an undergraduate degree from Auburn University and her M.S. from Michigan State University. She is replacing Tom Frankland.
• Secretary – Christine “Chris” Hoffman. Hoffman is the current Mayor of Jacksonville Beach, as well as the executive director of the Beaches Area Historical Society. Prior to her current positions, she served as Catering Sales Manager with TPC Sawgrass, PGA TOUR. Additionally, she led the American Cancer Society, Jacksonville Beach, as its Unit Executive Director. She has an MBA from the University of North Florida, Coggin College of Business, and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Florida. She is replacing Sonny Bhika.
• Member - Debbie Buckland. Buckland recently retired as the Market President for Truist Bank in Jacksonville. Prior to this position, she was EVP and commercial banking manager for SunTrust in Northeast Florida and Jacksonville City president. She is a past chair of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce. Buckland is a graduate of Emory & Henry College in Emory, Virginia, with a B.A. in business & economics and philosophy. She is also a member of the Wolfson Children's Hospital Women's Board.
• Member - Felicia Cox. Felicia Cox is vice president and Retail Group manager at IBERIABANK in Ponte Vedra Beach. Prior to IBERIABANK, she held leadership positions at SunTrust and Bank of America. She has held several leadership positions in the St. Johns Chamber of Commerce Ponte Vedra Beach Division. Cox is a Jacksonville native and holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Edward Waters College.
• Member - Mac Holley. Holley is a 33-year veteran of the commercial banking industry and works with owners of mid-size companies to create value through strategic planning and actions. He participated in the founding of Florida Capital Bank. He is a past chair of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce economic organization, and a past chair of the Baptist Health Foundation board. He is a graduate of the University of Alabama.