Medical Nutrition Therapy and Diabetes Group Classes at Baptist Beaches Main Content
A healthy life is possible after a diabetes, high-blood pressure, heart or digestive diagnosis by incorporating diet and lifestyle improvements.
Sound daunting? Don't worry. Nutrition experts at Baptist Beaches can help.
One-on-one appointments with a registered dietitian are offered for:
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes
- Cardiovascular: heart health, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol or triglycerides
- GI and kidney disorders
- Weight management
- General nutrition and healthy meal planning
- Nutrition Support: tube feeding and TPN (total parenteral nutrition)
- Allergies and food intolerances
- Pregnancy and lactation
Diabetes Classes Self-Management Education (DSME)
An American Diabetes Association–recognized diabetes group education program taught by a diabetes educator and registered dietitian. If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, learn everything about the disease, along with helpful tools and resources necessary to successfully manage it.
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Meal planning
- Physical activity
- Diabetes medications
- Eating out
- Preventing complications