Baptist Jacksonville - Patient & Visitor Information Main Content
Information for patients and visitors to Baptist Jacksonville.
We are committed to meeting the communication needs of our patients and their families and guests. If you have any questions about obtaining communication assistance, including obtaining qualified interpreters, please contact our coordinator of Interpreting Services by phone or email.
- Foreign Language Interpretation
- Sign Language Interpretation
- Communication Aids
- Communication Equipment
The Patient relations department serves as a nurse liaison between the patients and their health care providers, working to identify solutions to questions, concerns and problems that may arise. Our goals are to provide patients and families the opportunity to express feelings about issues that have not been resoled, work to resolve these issues in a timely manner, and improve the experiences of our patients and families.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Messages: After hours contact the Adult house supervisor through the operator.
When it’s time for a patient to go home, a Social Worker is available to help answer questions, make follow-up care arrangements, and alleviate any fear or stress dealing with an illness. Services include:
- Discharge planning
- Home health service arrangements
- Obtaining medical equipment
- Community services
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am to 4:30pm
After hours: Please ask your nurse to contact the on call social worker.
Our chaplains are available 24 hours a day for your spiritual support. Chaplains are assigned to all hospital units and respond to emergencies, requests and make routine rounds.
The Reid Chapel is a multi-faith space for reflection, prayers and worship. The chapel is centrally located on the first floor of the Adult Tower of the BMC-Jacksonville campus. An inter-denominational service is offered at 12 pm on Sundays and Catholic Mass is celebrated weekdays at noon (Wednesdays at 8:30am). The chapel is available 24 hours a day for people of all faiths and backgrounds.
The Chaplain’s Office is located on the third floor of the Howard Building, Suite 308. For Spiritual Care Support, call our Spiritual Care office (202-4242) or ask your nurse to arrange a visit.
For additional information regarding Spiritual Care within Baptist Health, go to spiritual-care.
For after-hour emergencies request your nurse or the hospital operator to contact the Chaplain on-call.
Health and healing involve the body, mind, spirit and relaxation. Our library offers a range of materials to help you learn about health and the healing process. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Health information assistance
- Breast cancer resources
- Books and magazines
- Computers with Internet access
- Healing music CD’s and players
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Location: 1st floor, Adult Tower
Our gift shop location is currently closed but offering delivery to patient rooms during weekday daytime hours. Balloon bouquets and gift baskets are available. Give us a call to discuss gift options and to place an order.
Leave a message and we’ll call you back.
Each room has the following amenities:
- WiFi throughout the downtown campus (free)
- Cable television (check out our TV Channel Guide)
- Patients may receive calls between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm. Only emergency calls will be accepted after hours. Patients may disconnect their phone for rest. Cellular phones should be turned off in patient care areas.
Location: Adult Tower, 1st Floor
Mon - Fri, 6:00am - 8:00pm
Sat, 8am - 2pm
Made to order salad and deli bar, grab-and-go selections, and Coca-Cola freestyle dispensing machines. Expanded jazzman’s Coffee bar inside Café. Lounge-style seating and television.
Location: First floor of the J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver tower
Hours: 6:00 am - 1:00am, 7 days a week
Location: Howard Building, 1st Floor
Monday - Friday, 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
Our vending machines feature a variety of traditional and healthy snacks and drinks. The machines accept both bills and change.
- P2 Parking Garage Hospital Entrance - 1st Floor (near double glass doors)
- Adult Tower - 1st Floor (behind the Gift Shop in the patio area)
- Intensive Care (ICU) Waiting Room – Adult Tower - 4th Floor
- Emergency Room Waiting Area - Heart Hospital - 1st Floor
- Wolfson Children's Hospital - 2nd Floor Waiting Area
- Wolfson Children's Hospital - 3rd Floor (near the kitchen)
- Wolfson Children's Hospital - 4th Floor
- OB Waiting Area - Pavilion Building - 2nd Floor
- Baptist Outpatient Center - 1st Floor
There are two mailboxes to choose from:
- Main Hospital Entrance (off Prudential Drive)
- Pavilion Building Entrance (near Valet Parking)
Pickup: Mon - Sat at 1:45 pm
Pickup: Mon - Sat at 1:50 pm
- Bank of America ATM Machine
Location: Howard Building, 1st Floor (across from Firehouse Subs)
This interdisciplinary committee offers guidance to families, providers and treatment teams who are trying to reach an agreement about the best way to care for a patient, helping to provide clarity in cases where difficult ethical issues arise. Consult the Medical Ethics committee when:
- The patient’s treatment goals are unclear.
- There is uncertainty surrounding the decision-making roles of the patient, family, providers and the treatment team.
- The patient, family, providers or the treatment team needs help resolving a conflict.
Contact the House Supervisor to reach the ethics committee member on call.