*Up to $2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS*
Baptist Health is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Medical Technologist to join our team working in the Core Lab at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. This is a part-time, days opportunity working three days a week and rotating weekends every third week with flexibility allowed. This Medical Technologist will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory tests and analyses to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease. This successful candidate will be detail-oriented and will have excellent communication skills as they will be responsible for accurately recording and reporting test results to physicians and other healthcare providers. This candidate will have the opportunity to work with Beckman Instruments and our automation line for all chemistry, hematology, and coagulation instruments. This candidate must be comfortable working closely with a team of 5 Medical Technologists and 3-4 Specimen Processors in a clinical laboratory setting. This candidate will have the opportunity to train on the dayshift, with four weeks dedicated to chemistry and four weeks dedicated to hematology.
*Relocation assistance available*
As a Medical Technologist in the Core Lab, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining expertise and performing technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in laboratory areas where applicable.
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- Supervision by Director and Section Supervisors; can perform all responsibilities without on-site supervision.
- Supervising MLTs as General Supervisor and serving as Charge Technologist in the absence of other lab supervisors or MTs.
- May instruct new employees and students.
This candidate is required to be licensed as a Medical Technologist in the state of Florida and in the areas of Chemistry and Hematology
- License Note: Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules.
This Medical Technologist position will be located in our Core Lab at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this day shift opportunity, please apply now!
*Up to $2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS*
- Less than 1 year Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.