Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center
The Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is the state’s only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center focused on emergency care for stroke and other Neurologic emergencies and is the regional epicenter for advanced diagnostics and treatments for all cerebrovascular conditions in adults and children. We serve all South Georgia communities, including Brunswick, Savannah and Valdosta, along with Florida residents on the East coast from Melbourne up to Fernandina and west to Lake City and Tallahassee.
Among the nation’s most highly regarded cerebrovascular neurosurgeons
Diagnosing and treating stroke, brain aneurysm and other cerebrovascular conditions
Joint Commission Primary Stroke Certification providing advanced stroke services
State-of-the-art technology and facilities
Extensive Clinical Research and Fellowship program
Strokes are preventable and treatable. It is estimated that 80 percent of strokes are preventable by controlling risk factors such as smoking, high blood pressure,
high cholesterol and diabetes. While prevention remains the best treatment, the development of new drugs and devices have allowed us to offer the most minimally
invasive treatment options in the area. Thanks to cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities, our physicians and clinicians are helping to save lives
and preserve quality of life for residents of North Florida and South Georgia with:
- Each of our hospital emergency centers is equipped with tele-neurology capabilities for 24/7 consultations by a Baptist Neurologist.
- Our primary stroke centers have the technology and expertise for immediate diagnosis and care, using national protocols.
- We measure “door-to-intervention” times to help ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Our Stroke Transfer Center expedites the transfer of time-sensitive patients to our new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center when advanced treatment is required.
- At our Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, multidisciplinary teams work together to provide care using state-of-the-art, minimally invasive technology.
- This capability means local residents don’t have to leave the area to receive the life-saving care they need.