Cholecalciferol (By mouth)
Treats vitamin D deficiency and maintains bone strength. This is a dietary supplement.
Carlson Baby Ddrops, Carlson Ddrops, Carlson Vitamin D, Carlson Vitamin D3, Carlson for Kids Ddrops, D-3, D-Vita Drops, D3-5, D3-50, Decara, Delta D3, Dialyvite Vitamin D3 Max, Leader Vitamin D3, Mason Natural D2000, Mason Natural Vitamin DThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Wafer, Drop
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Oral liquid: Use the dropper that comes with the package to measure the dose.
- Adults and adolescents: Drop the liquid directly into the mouth or mix it with food or other liquids (water or juice).
- Children 2 years of age and older: Drop the liquid directly into the mouth, mix it with food or other liquids (water or juice), or take it from a spoon.
- Children younger than 2 years of age: Place one drop of the liquid on the pacifier, mother's nipple, or bottle nipple and allow baby to suck for at least 30 seconds.
- Wafer: Chew or crush. Do not swallow whole.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 12/4/2017
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Fire Fox and Google Chrome browser.