Physical Therapy Main Content
From relieving pain to improving mobility, physical therapy is designed to help you live better. Baptist Rehab’s physical therapists help patients of all ages restore their health, prevent further injury, or simply live better with an injury, illness or disability.
Our physical therapists practice holistic treatment options with a focus on restoring movement, improving strength and reducing pain. We offer outpatient evaluation and treatment options, working with patients from diagnosis through recovery.
Backed by scientific research, physical therapy is an evidence-based practice deeply rooted in science and proven results. Whether you are recovering from an injury or simply looking to improve your movement and mobility due to a medical condition, physical therapy can significantly enhance your quality of life.
Do I Need Physical Therapy?
You or your loved one may need treatment if you notice:
- Difficulty with functional mobility, such as walking, getting in and out of bed, or lifting objects
- Muscle weakness
- Limited range of motion or stiff joints
- Growing frustration with or discontinuation of a hobby or sport because of pain or movement limitations
- Chronic pain limiting activities of daily living
- Stumbling or falling
What Conditions Do Physical Therapists Treat?
Physical therapists treat a wide range of medical conditions and pain, including:
- Mobility difficulties
- Coordination difficulties
- Poor endurance/strength
- Low back pain
- Head, neck, and facial pain
- Orthopedic injuries
- Pre- and post-surgical hip, knee, or shoulder joint replacements
- Sports injuries and related surgeries
- Balance and movement disorders
- Neurological conditions like stroke, spinal cord injuries or multiple sclerosis
What Does Physical Therapy Involve?
Your personalized physical therapy plan may include:
- Therapeutic exercises geared towards improving coordination, strength and range of motion
- Manual Therapy, including joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Balance and coordination exercises
- Mechanical Traction
- Therapeutic Modalities (such as heat, ice, or electrical stimulation)