Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation are programs designed to help you improve your quality of life by strengthening your heart and lungs. Through monitored exercise treatment sessions, patient education and lifestyle coaching, you are able to focus on restoring your health and live a healthier lifestyle.
Baptist Rehab’s programs are nationally certified through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). If you or a loved one have experienced a cardiac episode or lung disorder, these services are meant to give you a safe, supportive environment to recover at your own pace.
Living with a chronic heart condition or recovering from a cardiac event isn’t always easy. Cardiac rehabilitation provides medically-monitored exercise treatments and caring professionals to help you rebuild confidence and live a normal life again.
Do I Need Heart/Cardiac Rehab?
Our program includes patients who have experienced:
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart attack
- Heart surgery like Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CBBG) or valve surgery
- Angioplasty or stent placement/li>
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
What Does Cardiac Rehab Treatment Involve?
Your treatment is based on your individual needs and diagnosis. Exercises are tailored to fit you and monitored within a safe environment. Treatment plans often include:
- Exercise counseling and training
- Education to help manage risk factors: quit smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, weight management and nutrition
- Counseling to help reduce stress and anxiety in dealing with heart disease
Our pulmonary rehab program helps patients maximize lung function through monitored exercise training and education.
Do I Need Lung/Pulmonary Rehab?
Our program includes patients with:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Inflammation of the lungs
- Neuromuscular disease
- Lung tumors
What Does Pulmonary Rehab Treatment Involve?
Your treatment is tailored to fit your personal needs and diagnosis. All of your exercises are monitored within a safe environment. Treatment plans often include:
- Learning breathing techniques
- Education on proper medication usage
- Education on proper Oxygen usage
- Energy conservation-perform everyday tasks with less shortness of breath
- Nutrition education
- Learning to cope with stress, anxiety, panic and depression related to the disease