Michael Aubin Biography and Information
Michael D. Aubin, FACHE, is Hospital President of Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, the region’s only pediatric referral center, and Senior Vice President for Baptist Health of Northeast Florida. Before joining Wolfson Children’s in January 2011, Mr. Aubin served as the founding Administrator/Chief Operating Officer of St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital of Tampa, a faith-based pediatric referral center within the non-profit, multi-hospital BayCare Health System. Mr. Aubin helped re-establish St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in 1990 after a 23-year hiatus.
Prior to his role at St. Joseph’s/BayCare, Mr. Aubin served as founding Associate Administrator of the new H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa. Mr. Aubin’s early career included serving as a consultant with M. Bostin Associates in New York City and various roles with Milwaukee Children’s Hospital in Wisconsin.
Mr. Aubin is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. A longtime child advocate, Mr. Aubin has served as Board President for the Florida Association of Children's Hospitals (FACH) and is a member of its Board of Directors. He currently serves on the national Children's Hospital Association's (CHA) Board of Trustees, and is co-chair of CHA’s Public Policy Committee.
Mr. Aubin also is a JAX USA Partnership Trustee, serves on the Board of Directors of Sulzbacher Center in Jacksonville, the Board of Directors for Northeast Florida Regional STEM2 Hub, and the Board of Directors for the Jacksonville Sports Medicine Program (JSMP) and is a Past Chair. In addition, he currently serves on the Operational Efficiency and Integration Committee of Florida Healthy Kids Corporation.
Mr. Aubin has received numerous recognitions, including:
- 2020 Florida Trend Florida 500 Most Influential Business Leaders
- 2020 Child Abuse Prevention Award of Excellence from the Exchange Club Family Center
- 2018 Child Advocate of the Year by the Northeast Florida Pediatric Society
- 2016 Children’s Champion in Health Care from Episcopal Children’s Services
- 2015 Award of Merit from Healing Hands Community Advisory Council
- 2014 R. David and I. Lorraine Thomas Child Advocate of the Year by the Jacksonville Florida Children’s Home Society.
- For his work in international children's health, Mr. Aubin received the International Humanitarian Award from the Tampa Interbay Rotary Club and Rotary Gift of Life of Florida, Inc., in 2006.
Mr. Aubin holds a master’s degree in Business - Health Services Administration from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He also is a magna cum laude graduate of Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Health Services Administration.
Mr. Aubin is married to Hillary and they have four children and two grandchildren.