Maxim Norkin, MD, PhD Biography and Info
Maxim Norkin, MD, PhD, is board certified in hematology and oncology with clinical expertise in hematological malignancies and bone marrow transplantation. An advisory group member of the National Marrow Donor Program, Dr. Norkin has served as a principal investigator on multiple clinical trials and is dedicated to providing the best evidenced-based care to his patients. His areas of expertise include:
- NEW: Online doctor visits
- Myelodysplastic syndromes and acute Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis
- Non-Hodgkin’s and Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Chronic Lymphocytic and Myelogenous Leukemia (CLL and CML)
- Aplastic Anemia and Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and cellular therapies
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms (Myelofibrosis, Polycythemia Vera, Essential Thrombocytosis)
I relocated to Florida from Detroit in 2010 after completing my hematology/oncology fellowship at the largest cancer research institute in Michigan. My wife, a gastroenterologist, and our three children enjoy the outdoors and spending time with friends and extended family.
I believe in a compassionate and personal approach through collaboration with an integrated cancer care team that respects the needs of each patient and support all aspects of the patient’s life. Now with scientific advances in oncology, we have more power to cure or help patients achieve long-term remission than ever before.
I believe that I have a responsibility to give back to the community through patient advocacy, public speaking, education, and mentoring future generation of physicians.
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology)
- Baptist Medical Center South
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Baptist Clay Medical Campus
Legal Practice Name
- Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Physicians, Inc.
Maxim Norkin, MD, PhD Additional Information
Education & Training
Doctor of Medicine - Medical School
Novosibirsk Medical Institute- Russia
1992 – 1998
Saint Vincent Hospital/University of Massachusetts - Worcester , MA
2004 – 2007
Wayne State University - Detroit , MI
2007 – 2010